Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Joy of the Lord

The Joy of the Lord will be my strength.

What powerful words.

I have been filled with joy that can only come from God and I LOVE IT. God's joy is contagious, and I hope that it is spreading to others that I come in contact with b/c it's just too wonderful not to share!

On that note, let me tell you that Earn Your Wings 2010 was PHENOMENAL. seriously. this class of freshmen are crazy awesome and God is going to do great things with them. I do not have enough time in this blog to accurately describe how wonderful earn your wings was, so i'll save that for my next blog.

My first day of Junior year was today. cray-cray. I honestly can't believe it. but instead of harping on how short life is, I'm going to enjoy it. I'm going to soak up life, breathe in the sights and sounds that God has given me and serve God in everything that I do. At least I'm going to try. :)

Earlier I mentioned that lately I have had such contagious joy. Let me tell you why.

1. My new friends. God has revealed himself through some of the most wonderful people I got to meet last week. I already love all my new friends and they make me so happy.

2. My old friends. They are the most precious wonderful things in the world to me. I am so blessed to be surrounded by girls who stand by my side, make me laugh like crazy and give it to me straight when the situation calls for it. I am so blessed to be surrounded by guys who protect me, crack me up and treat me with respect that comes from living a Godly life. I have friends who are involved, who love to love people and who genuinely care about making this world a better place by letting God take control and run with it.

3. My mom. She is just the best. seriously. I get an encouraging email from her every day and she loves me unconditionally.

4. MY LORD. He is so good to me. I can't express my love for him enough. His love is truly everlasting. He has blessed me with the job of being an intern for the MRCC Campus Ministry and I can't wait to see what he does through our team.

I can't wait to see what God has in store for me. I know satan is already working on a plan to exploit my weakness and take away my peace. But I stand strong in the Lord and I lean on him to keep me safe.

You are all in my prayers. Let me know if I can make your lives easier!:)

In HIS love,
Madison


1 comment:

  1. Madison! You are such a beautiful girl inside and out! You are so inspiring to me all the time : ) I love your blog and your posts on facebook! You are always so encouraging! : ) Have a great Junior year!!

    ReplyDelete