Sunday, August 1, 2010

I solemnly swear that i'm up to no good...

Oh my gosh. It has been far too long since my last update! first of all, let me share with you something that I discovered about myself this weekend.

I truly LOVE Harry Potter.

Now all of my close friends are going DUH.

but seriously...it just brings me so much joy. oh the little things in life:)

and that leads me to my next exciting thing...my latest purchase.

all i'm going to tell you is that it's a mug and there is a hint somewhere in this blog. The rest will have to be a surprise!

In case you don't know me very well, i'm a sucker for mugs. I LOVE them. When i have my own house I will have a cabinet devoted to my mug collection. This sort of thing must run in the family because my mother also loves mugs and tea cups. I guess it's a Callaway girl thing:)

My fam just got back from a great weekend in Tulsa with my grandparents! It was wonderful to see old family friends and some great friends from OC were there too!

We had an interesting encounter as we were leaving to come back to Texas. We stopped at a quick trip and a guy who was probably around 25 or 26 came up to the window and was asking my mom and I if we had some extra change so he could get some gas. He began to tell us about how he and his wife and his 7 month old baby had come to Oklahoma from Wyoming because he had a job lined up. It turns out that he worked for one day and they decided to let him go. They lost their apartment and almost everything that they had. All they have in the world could fit into their car and they were about to run out of gas.

Now usually when people ask for money I usually say no unless I really feel God leading me to do so. And this time I really felt God leading me to help. We gave him what money we had and gave him the address of Park Plaza Church of Christ so they could get some help. I love the way God works to influence peoples lives. We didn't have to pull into that gas station or into that pump and if someone else had, that family might not have gotten any help. If you ask me, they helped us as much as we helped them. I will never forget his wife's face as we were driving away... I turned to look back and tears were running down her face as she rocked her baby and she waved and mouthed the words "thank you". Now that is a powerful memory.

The Lord is SO good!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful last few weeks of summer and getting excited to get back to school! I know I am:)

Phase 4 apartment 116 is gonna be AMAZING:)

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story! :) Your family is such a blessing to me and others I am sure! I love you and I CAN'T WAIT TO LIVE WITH YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) i can't wait to live with YOU! it's going to be the bestest! and my fam thinks you're pretty great as well:)

    ReplyDelete