Friday, May 27, 2011

The Busiest of the Busys

Yes I am aware that the title of this blog is probably not proper English (it's definitely not)...but those of you who know me should be used to these funny phrases by now:)

It's been far too long since I have blogged! Instead I have been keeping up with a journal and i'm SO proud of myself for that! I know...it's a miraculous feat. 

A short update on my life is this...I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING.

This is a good thing and a bad thing.  Well not bad, but just uncomfortable.

As human beings, we have been born with this idea that we MUST be in control of every facet of our life at all times.  We are taught that surrendering control to someone else is weak and should be avoided.  This is a lie.  I am learning (oftentimes the hard way) that I am not in control of my life. 
 My goal for this summer is to not just sit back and hope that God sends good things my way, but to actively and avidly search out Christ and pray for him to reveal purpose to me.  

Don't get me wrong, I have lots of dreams and hopes and goals and ambitions.  Anyone who knows me well knows that I LOVE to be busy with lots of things and interacting with lots of people! ( hence the title of this post) but sometimes I can use that as a distraction from other things in my life that I need to be dealing with.  I also let my dreams and my ambitions for this life get in the way of what God wants me to do.  And I know that what God wants for me is always way better than what I want for myself.  Isn't that the best feeling?!  Then why is it so hard for us to surrender to his plan?  Yeah I'm still trying to figure that out...I'll let you know if i ever do ;)

I am currently working in the Student Life office as an intern up at OC and I am SO happy to be on campus this summer!  I get to work on fun things like church camp and Earn Your Wings (I'm an Assistant Director this year!) and campus-y things like that!  

I just returned from chorale tour where we went to Washington DC and New York City! It was a really great trip! 

Here are a few of my favorite memories...
 The World War II Memorial
 President Lincoln. Love the guy.
 The National Art Gallery had SO MUCH DEGAS. I was in heaven. 
 My favorite sculpture!
 Madison Dr! Guys I'm famous.
 Our Nation's Capitol 
Thomas and Jared came with me to the indoor flower gardens! 

Overall, it was a really fantastic trip! Then I got to go home for about 10-ish days and spend time with the fam:) It was great! 

I'm looking forward to seeing where God takes me this summer! 

I'll update again soon...maybe...

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment