Saturday, July 17, 2010

What doesn't kill me...

Ok, so picture that one thing in your life that is always on your mind that you wish you could just forget about and never remember it ever again. Ok, now imagine that one thing popping up all the time, over and over and over again, taunting you and dancing right out of your reach. How does that make you feel? It's kind of depressing right? Of course I'm right. We all have those things. Well lately there has been this one thing in my life, this one situation that I can't seem to just put behind me. As much as I want to never dwell on it again or lay awake thinking about it, it's still there. Even at my most happy and carefree moments, it hovers right behind all of it.

Honestly, I'm sick and tired of this thing constantly sucking the life and joy out of me! I deserve better! And if this one thing isn't going to give me the joy and happiness and fulfillment that I deserve, then it doesn't deserve me.

Ok, so that is a fabulous concept, but like most of life's epiphanies, it's easier said than done.

But what is most encouraging right now is that no matter how hard it is to resist that one thing that i've wanted for so long, i've never felt better about myself for doing it.

And THAT my friends, makes it all worthwhile.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment